The original Everett Motorcycle Club
Formed on the heritage of the Everett Motorcycle Club
With an early Indian Motorcycle franchise in Milltown by 1915, Local Men had formed the Everett Motorcycle Club (EMC) and would ride and race their motorcycles throughout the city streets and onto the tracks on the weekends. By 1918, veterans returned from WWI, they began wearing sweaters or jackets depicting their hometown followed by Motorcycle or “MC”. Several neighboring cities would also form motorcycle clubs and they would throw parties at their clubhouses on the weekend. EMC would ride for the next 20+ years until WWII kicked off. Post WWII and the availability of surplus motorcycles would see veterans and like-minded men form Motorcycle Clubs throughout the Pacific Northwest. Somewhere along the way “MC” culture was adopted and amended into protocols which are considered “the traditional” rules for todays standards.
Modern day Sawmen trace their roots back to the original club members of “EMC” and returning veterans. We follow 1918-1950s traditional “MC” protocol but reserve the right to amend any rules as we deem fit. Sawmen remain neutral and respectful to all on two wheels. We claim no territory—only our history and right to ride as free men.
On September 21, 2019, at 09:21 hrs, nine men stood on the edge of the old Simpson Mill site along the Snohomish River. As free men, they agreed to form a motorcycle club embroiled with mutual trust, respect, and loyalty. To follow protocols, remain high mileage, and low drama. Sawmen give respect to earn respect.